A simple way to capture your thoughts and be happier, more productive and powerful.
The reticular activation system (RAS) is the portal through which nearly all information enters the brain. It works like a guided missile to filter incoming information. Pointing it in the right direction will help fast-track your journey to achieve what you want in life. No matter where you are in life, use the power of your RAS to program your thoughts by starting and ending the day with clear intentions, a positively focused mindset and conscious reflection.
HOW TO JOURNAL
Find yourself a pen or pencil and a notebook. Upon waking and before sleeping, spend five minutes hand writing a few pages about what’s going on in your life – focus on what is important to you.
Things you might like to focus on in the morning are:
- What are three things you are grateful for?
- Daily affirmation or positive quote e.g. I appreciate everything I have, I live in joy. Or I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
- What is your intention for the day?
- What are you committed to letting go of?
Things you might like to reflect on in the evening are:
- How have I made a difference in the world today?
- What awesome thing happened today?